Mental Health and Relieving Anxiety:
6 Tips to stay Sane!
1. Stay informed with reliable resources and avoid ‘fake news’
2. Preserve daily routines as much as possible
- Wake up and have your coffee in the morning!
- Start your online work at the same time you normally would.
3. Take a break from social media and news and don’t overexpose yourself to too much information.
- It’s okay to look away from the news and watch something irrelevant!
- Sometimes funny/cute pictures of cats and dogs is the only ‘stimulation’ we need.
4. Maintain a healthy diet, engage in regular exercise and get enough sleep.
- With gyms possibly closing you can take advantage of the great weather we are having and walk or run outside.
- Train for a 5k with Couch to 5k (free in the app store).
- Indoor workouts are available in the App Store:
- Asana Rebel: Free introduction Yoga with two new videos a day.
- Mytraining: Training videos, a routine log, and a handy calendar to track progress.
- Daily Workout FitnessTrainer: No equipment needed training that can be done at home.
5. Take advantage of outdoor activities while still maintaining social distancing
- Enjoy walks in spacious parks, or hiking trails.
- Ride your bike and get plenty of Vitamin D!
6. Do not isolate!
- Connect with others through video chat, phone calls, texting and more.
- Check on family and friends and make time to talk about ‘non-crisis’ events